Sydney Road could be a much nicer place, where it’s easier to walk or ride a bike, a place to shop, hang out, eat and drink, or see some music – no matter how you choose to get around.
But to get there, we need the state government to step up and finally bring in the changes we know the community wants.
Here’s what I’ve been calling on the government to do:
- Build accessible tram stops, so people using wheelchairs, mobility devices or pushing a pram can use the trams and visit the shops easily
- Create safe, protected bike lanes, so people have the option to travel by bike without risking their life
- Widen the footpaths, so it’s easier for everyone to walk up and down the street
- Make more space for businesses and shops to open to the street, so there’s more space to hang out
- Plant more trees, to counter the heat island effect and brighten the place up (and maybe bring in some birds too!)
I’ve already done a lot of work on pushing the government to support improvements to Sydney Road, and I’ll keep my work up in Brunswick and in Parliament.
You can help! Sign up to the campaign and I’ll make sure to keep you up to date with the campaign, and let you know about the actions you can take to support a revitalised Sydney Road.